My mother stopped taking her thyroid medication because she thinks

My mother stopped taking her thyroid medication because she thinks that it is the wrong medication. She took it for a while but stopped again because she thinks that they changed the medication of Armour Thyroid because it's a different manufacturer now. She has developed Alzheimer's disease. Now she has been diagnosed with dementia. About 6 months ago she starting taking it again. Her doctor took blood tests and they were good . Once again, she stopped taking it, saying that she had side effects. Now I found out Friday that her bloodwork was off the charts. The doctor told me that they were off the charts bad, and she was having all of these side effects because she was not taking the medication at all. I have no idea how to convice her that she could die from this.
please let me know how to convice her how serious this is and that she needs to get back on it. Her doctor had to have Walgreens write it out in big bold letters that it was the natural pig hormone "Armour Thyroid" but since the manufacturer is different, she doesn't believe it. What should I do???
Wed, 9 May 2018