Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

187 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

My mother is suffering with paralysis on right side of face, please advise

My mother is suffering with paralysis on right side of face from last one week. I would like to know what kind of precautions should we take. She is going for physiotherapy daily, but no improvement till now. We are really worried for her. What time it will take to cure. Pl. advise.
Sun, 23 Oct 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
  User's Response
u shud always wrie details... is she hypertensive also usually is the case ..other illnesses ...look these people always have a higher chance of second attack ...landing the patient in amore poor state ....& bad part is that recovery is very poor ..... alll u do is follow the treatment regulrlyl You can contact me at: with all your details including medicines .your test reports, your other illnesses
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Syed Anwar Nadeem's  Response
Don't worry she will be fine soon you just massage OLIVE OIL on the affected are twice a day

GOD bless her
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Suhani Sethi's  Response
she should insert a cotton inside her ear.
avoid going in cold.
consult a physio.
SWD to the affected side of the face can greatly help.
electrical stimulation with IG current can help.
facial exercises are of great help. blowing, whisling,etc
taping can also help.
massage is also useful.
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Praveen's  Response
Welcome to HealtrhcareMagic
Recovery will take some time please be patience. Physiotherapy treatment is good for your mother. Electrical stimulation and exercises are very helpful to recover muscles power.Exercises play important role here because it will regain the muscle power because if he stop the exercises it may create other deformities as well as motivation and emotional support is very important for the patient.
Wish your mother recover very soon.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
vinay's  Response

Vani, Physiotheraphy is the only solution. It will start showing the effect after 1 month time. she need more support from you all to boost up, so spend time with her more and shoe the positive thing. She will be get well soon. good luck..

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, my mother has suffered from a paralysis stroke on left side. Initially, her right leg and hand both were affected. However their is recovery in leg but hand is still not fully recovered. She feels uncomfortable very often and in winter her Bp also shoots up. Please advise the precautions

doctor1 MD mother is suffering from right side paralysis for last 2 years.....she is unable to do anything by her right leg and hand .......we neglected at primary condition and these days the doctor of scb medical college,odisha are saying that they can t help her to get relief.....can any surgery or treatment can help her...

doctor1 MD

hello dr .. i want to ask about the treatment of paralysis due to brain infraction . my father is suffering form paralysis on left side due to infarction on the right side as shown in the CT Scan Report .. kindly guide the the proper treatment best regards

Recent questions on  Manipulative therapy

doctor1 MD

hi, been having pain in the thumb for last two weeks,took ibuprufen tabs for five days and applied diclo plus methyl saly acid ointment. nomhelp.started eaucalyptus oil massage plus hot fomentation. some relief. two weeks past.bany suggestion for a quickervrelief...sks

doctor1 MD

im looking for a dr that knows about temporal arteritis in knox ville tenn37917 and what person does the biopsy, then what to they do with the biopsy, does it erer go away. also what is the best school for massage. a feiend a\said she comes to a school in knoxvill that will do massage reasonably I have cranps in my legs and feet and have fms

doctor1 MD

I am a 23 year old female with a comprimised immune system. I have had a UTI for a couple of weeks that is almost completely gone now but I still have the lower abdominal pain and back pain. My most recent partner has told me that i need to be tested for chlymydia as he may have it (because of WBC's found in his urine) and thinks he has contracted it from me and is waiting for his results. I'm pretty sure I dont have it but I will be getting tested as well. My main question is is massage contraindicated if I do have it as I am currently in massage school and we're doing deep tissue? Also what are the chanes of his WBC's being from a UTI since I have one? Thank you.

doctor1 MD

I fell from stairs and have huge bump in l buttock what I should do? Which doctor I should see?

doctor1 MD

This question is for my wife, who is aged 38 years. She has been complaining for intermittent pain on the shoulder tendon, and sometimes suddenly it radiates down. There is a specific place exactly behind the shoulder on the joint of shoulder...

doctor1 MD

Hello Dr XXXXXXX I was thinking I should write you a follow up of my condition and I guess the system here is on the same schedule as mine. I have been slowly implementing all of your suggestions. I had a pretty hard week last week. went to see...