Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

My mother is suffering with diffuse cerebral atrophy, kindly help

hi im new to the forum i hope ull help me my mother aged 59 is suffering with diffuse cerebral atrophy since one month.her symptoms are severe headache when she sits or stands and shooting pain in the eyes.we have gotdone all the tests where the docters found it was this problem.her MRI test contrast has revealed diffuse cerebral atrophy.she doesnt have memory loss nor recognising problem nor speaking disorder everything was normal except for the severe pain shes undergoing when she sits or stands if shes lying she doesnt have a problem even she has the vomiting problem frequently.shrinkage of the brain has been occured due to her growing age?what r the medicines to be used for reducing her pain of severe headaches and shooting pain in the eyes.can she sit and stand like before or she has to be in sleeping position for the rest of her life.we r very much confused y shes undergoing such pain .can any tablets be given to her for treatment of diffuse cerebral atrophy looking forward for ur help thanking u.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  516
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
the symptoms which your mother is experiencing is not related to cerebral atrophy at all. it may be cranial neuralgia but that does not disappear on lying down. does she have giddiness on standing and vomiting sensation which may suggest vertebro bacilar insufficiency and that may explain her brain atrophy secondary to decreased blood supply but does not explain her headche. So the functional aspect should also be looked into if there is any tension at home or is she disturbed psycholgically and regarding treatment for cerebral atrophy there are few tablets available which are prescribed by a neurologist. so please consult a good neurolgist.
Answered: Tue, 25 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor