Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

My mother is suffering from loose motion for past two months. She is 80

my mother 80years old is having follwing problems.frequent semi solid motion for past two months.temporarily relieved on giving medicine like norilet,ciproletA,rifagut on stoping medicine she is having same complaints again with dehydration.please advise
Asked On : Thu, 24 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  238
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
she is effected with overdose of antibiotic .take meteronidazole with multivitamin to reback immunity
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Phaneendra's  Response
Your Bowel Habits mainly depend on your personal habits Some people drink less water
It sis advisable to consume more water and juices to avoid Constipation Problems . Do not use Purge Laxatives . It is safe to use vegetable laxatives which will not cause habit. A glass of Warm Waterat Bedtime and as well as in the morning will help to evacuate your Bowels. Use high Fibre Diet.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Rajinder Bajoria's  Response
As her age is on higher side .get her examined from surgeon.Get proctoscopy or colonoscopy done to rule out some chronic intestinal disease like crohn`s disease or regional ileitis .or even malignancy. She definitely needs through testing. Stool test for occult blood is also advisable.
Answered: Thu, 24 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor