Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

My mother is diagnosed with the kidney shrinkage. What step we can take in this particular condition ?

Hi Dear Sir/Madam, First of all thanks a lot for the online support for the patients you guys are providing. Its been a privilege to get in touch with you. Actually my mother is diagnosed with the kidney shrinkage. I beg you to help me in this regard. She also has hypothyroidism and high B.P which is under control with the medicines. She is also diagnosed with the Hepatitis C genotype 1. Her Sgot was high as well as liver swelling is there. The kidney is not retaining protein and found less in size. Please suggest what step we can take in this particular condition Asap.PFA her reports of diagnosis.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Apr 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  288
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response

Dear Pankaj,

The kidney problem that your mother is undergiong is a result of the damage caused by long standing uncontrolled BP. This damage is unfortunately irreversible, & the only help we can do to her kidney now, is to prevent further damage. This can be done by keeping a strict control over her BP.

Her liver disease too might have a role in worsening the kidney damage. She has to be cured of the Hepatitis C infection.

Follow the doctors advises strictly about the medicines to be taken, so that her BP henceforth stays in good control.

Answered: Wed, 21 Apr 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor