Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

167 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

My mother is 88 and had pneumonia. SHe had a

My mother is 88 and had pneumonia. SHe had a trach placed in her neck to assist her in breathing etc until she gets well. She was in CCU for about 4 weeks. She began twitching and pulling at her night gown etc. acting very strange. The said she appears to be having what they call ICU psychosis. She since transfered to an LTACH to get weaned off the trach but she was taking some phyc meds that they want to wean her off and are doing so and switching to seroquel but everything I read states she shouldn't be taking these drugs. How should she be weaned off these drugs. She is extremely sensitive to medications in general. We think her twitching is a reaction to these meds.

Thu, 31 May 2018
Report Abuse
For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My mother in law is a DM II at 88 years of age. She is currently on prednisone for pneumonia along with albuterol nebulizer treatments, antibiotics. Her BS was 357 prior to her scheduled 10 units of NPH at 1700. I rechecked her BS at 1927 and her BS was 443. I gave her another 10 units of NPH at that time. At 2300 her BS was 434. I know prednisone increases her BS but how high can I let it go without concern?. Her BS is generally very well controlled with an A1C of 6.

doctor1 MD

hello my mother is in bankstown hospital with a serious lung infection or pneumonia they say , they tried everything and can not get her to breath properly, is there no specialist out there that knows more about the lungs and these pneumonia disease to cure her please..

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, My mother is an asthamatic and diabetic and has been suffering from pneumonis and being treated an MAdam Mohan MAlviya hospital in Malviya Nagar Delhi. The doctors there have recomended for a HRCT test done for her chest. Cld u recomend the hospital where we shld go for this test?

Loading Online Doctors....