Owl Image

My mother has developed a bad odor, can it be because of any medication ?

Abouttwo and a half years ago I noticed that my mother developed bad odour inspite the fact that she is a very clean woman. The smell changes but I woud say it is a chemical smell. She did lots of tests amongst them at the gynecologist and all doctors say that there is nothing wrong with her. Last December she did a knee replacement operation and during her stay at the hospital the smell vanished from home. Before the operation she did a number of blood test and all gave good results. There was one doctor who said that it could be the tablets she is taking for high blood pressure , for cholesterol and for diabetes . He said that it is going to take a while whle they detect what is causing the smell and he changed Metformin. The smell stopped for approx. a month but it got back eventuelly. My mother is 80 years old but still self sufficient. Please do tell me what you think.
Mon, 18 Apr 2011