Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

My mother got paralysed on her left side after had brain stroke 11 years ago. She is not normal. How is it cured ?

My mother 66 years old had brain stroke 11 years ago and her left side paralysed. She recovered in three months and since then taking Amca AT for BP, Mazatol and eptoin regularly. Whenever she has acute cold or fever , she gets fit (seizure). After a day of such fit, she remains mentally disturbed and hyper in nature and becomes quite after 24 to 30 hours. What tablet or medicine should be given to her after fit so that she may sleep peacefully and her brain remains calm. Kindly suggest.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic. Your mother is suffering from post-stroke seizures. Eptoin is a good drug in elderly.If the dosage is inadequate some times can continue to have seizures.After each fit they may have confusion and psychosis which is not safe. So consult a Neurologist and take his opinion. If required change the medicine or add another medicine for fits. If fits get controlled she will not have problems like this. If not we have to give antipsychotics to control her mental disturbances. I hope i made it clear. Bye
Answered: Fri, 15 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor