My mom has had 4 heart attacks in less than a year. Bypass is the only option?

my mom has had 4 heart attacks in less than a year. she has had three stents put in, two in the same artery,and now that same artery is 100% acclusive and they will not fix it. she is an overweght 46year old smoker with diabetes . her first heart attack was when she was 32 and it did damage to her heart, but all of the others since have been more mild. heart deises runs really bad in my mothers family. my grandmother under went a triple bipass when she was in her early 50s and she is now only 64 and is the oldest living woman my family has ever seen. my question is, my mother is now doing chelation therapy to help with the harding of her arteries. is this going to work? how much longer will she live? Should we have hope? Can it reverse what is already so far gone? just anything that you know about this and how it works would be appecated. i have looked it up and found some things but would like to hear from someone in same situation or a dr. thank you in advance for listening to my story or answering my question if you can. i think i just needed to purge some stuff.
Wed, 16 Dec 2009