My husband started having pain in his abdomen Sunday afternoon

My husband started having pain in his abdomen Sunday afternoon about 4. Within a couple of hours we were pretty sure it was kidney stones. He has had them 2 times before. I took him to the emergency room because he was in severe pain. They gave him pain meds, checked his urine and did a Cat Scan. It took 2 doses of the pain meds to relieve his pain to a tolerable level. The Cat Scan showed a 2cm stone passing in the ureter up fairly high. Also there was blood in his urine. They gave him a Rx for pain and Flo Max. He was fairly comfortably most of the day Monday and on Tuesday I took him to see a Urologist. He checked all the tests from the hospital and said as did the ER Doctor that a stone that size should pass without any problems. He has been taking the pain med every 6 hours. He is now in severe pain again even after a pill at four and took another at 6:30 because of the pain. Is this normal or should I contact a doctor again?
Sun, 27 May 2018