Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

My husband right upper leg is swollen

My husband s right upper leg is swollen from knee up. A couple of days ago he thought maybe he pulled his muscle in his leg but doesn t recall doing it. It is very uncomfortable and painful. What could it be?
Asked On : Sun, 19 Dec 2010
Answers:  7 Views:  549
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  Anonymous's Response
it's DVT Deep vein Thrombosis. It's a lot easier to look it up when you have the right name.
Answered: Sun, 19 Dec 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Prakash Kumar Gupta's  Response
hello and wellcome to healthcare magic ,please blood test done-general blood picture ,arthritis profile ,,it would be clear whether it is arthritis or it is due to urinary tract infection ,after these reports only would be able to depict which are the two most common causes ,take consultation with orthopedic ,take care
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
it can be due to infections, trauma, circulatory disorders or cardiac (heart) disorders
you consult an orthopedics surgeon and rule out the any trauma or fracture
if all thing is fine then consult your physician to rule out any cardiac causes
do all relevant blood tests
take care
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
As swelling in above knee joint level,most probably he might have Deep Vein Thrombosis.
If there is no h/o injury or sprain,DVT is possible.
Consult Vascular surgeon and get clinically examined.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to Hcm.
Since the swelling is above knee chances of obstruction to lymphatic drainage by
some mass is possible,or could be some local mass like haematoma,collection due to
some ifection,or evien tumour is possibility.Better consult with orthopaedic doctor
and investigate as per his guidance. Thanks
Answered: Mon, 26 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Sorry, its IVT
Answered: Sun, 19 Dec 2010
  Anonymous's Response
Look up IVP Interior Vein Thrombosis. It occurs more often in people who are over 40. It can be life-threatening, so you need to see a doctor ASAP.
Answered: Sun, 19 Dec 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor