Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

My husband just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, please suggest him

my husband just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. he is a big eater, what can he do to feel full ? any helps is appreciated.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  404
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response

I hae been diagnosed as type 2 and am a big eater and at first thought my whole life was finished but its just sencible eating and you will find its a whole new life ahead with interseting foods and you can still eat big but eat the right things

Answered: Thu, 21 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response
As a type II diabetic and a big eater, I can say it was quite a challenge to over come My problem. I converted from eating three large meals to becoming a grazer of sorts. Most of my food is now vegetables, small bits of hard cheeses, and some dried meats. In order to help flavor my veggies, I use Mrs. Dash or Hidden Valley Ranch DRIED seasoning. 1/2 Tsp has 5 calories, and 1gr of Carbs, it does however have 135mg salt, so if Hypertension is an issue be aware. My Doc is happy with my A1C and I don't go around hungry and feeling as Grouchy as a bear. Oh one thing though with all this roughage please drink plenty of water!
Answered: Thu, 27 Jan 2011
  Anonymous's Response

In that case, just monitor his blood glucose levels regularly and also arrange for a counselling with a Dietician and also a Clinical Psychologist to overcome this habit.

Answered: Sat, 9 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor