Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

My husband is vomiting non stop after consuming alcohol. Can an online doctor help me ?

my husband has drank since friday and has liquor and beer in his system and he has only had about 5 hours of sleep and only ate a rib... he has been throwing up nostop and he is getting tired what should i do...i dont have insurance... he doesnt want to go to the there someone that has experince this before and can help
Asked On : Mon, 9 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  623
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
give him 1 table spoon of honey with a pinch of salt every hr till his vomiting stops.
add antacid syrup, tabs & anti emetic tabs on empty stomach. give him oral electral powder with cold bisleri water. if this does not work get him injected from your family doctor & consult him.
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Tauseef's  Response
Hi Julie, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
He is indeed suffering from Alcohol Intoxication which is the consequence of drinking large amounts of alcohol in a short period of time. Drinking too much too quickly can affect breathing, heart rate, cause nausea and vomiting. He needs immediate medical attention as he is losing body fluids, call for emergency medical help right away. Until the help arrives keep him sit up and try to keep him awake to prevent loss of consciousness.

Good Luck.
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor