My husband is having pains in his chest underneath his chest

My husband is having pains in his chest underneath his left breast?
My husband has been having chest pains today, and he says it is mainly near his left breast. Says the pain is to the left of it and a tad underneath it and that it feels like pins and needles/shards of glass. He has had chest pains in the past as well, but nothing ever came of it. He does not want to go see a doctor, but I am trying to convince him he should go ~ he thinks it may be stress. Also, he does physical labor for work and is very hard on his body. When I asked him if his arm was tingling and numb, he said it is always like that because of his job. I am pretty sure if he was having a heart attack, this arm pain would be noticeably different, but I could be wrong. Can anyone give me some advice on what this may be? Thank you!
Fri, 8 Apr 2011