Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

My husband has a resting pulse rate of 94

My husband has a resting pulse rate of 94. I know this is high but was wondering what happens with a high rate.
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  2596
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
With a high rate the heart can not pump efficiently. Are you sure that is a resting rate? That is very high for a resting rate without anything pathological going on. EDIT: Yes, the "normal range" is 60-100, however 94 is still considered high for a resting rate and warrants further examination. What is his rate with exercise? Is he overweight or have health problems or is he relatively healthy? Has his pulse rate always been in the 90's or has it changed over the years? IF his high resting rate is a new developement, then there could be an underlying disease process going on. IF he has always had a "high-normal" resting rate then don't worry about it, his heart is pumping just fine.
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor