Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

My husband has a large purple bruise on his abdomen. How to treat it?

My husband has a large purple bruise on his abdomen that is not tender to touch. He doesn't know where he got it from. should he be concerned, and is there anything he should do?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  446
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

Yes, it is a matter of concern , as it could happen when the blood leaks into the layers of the skin on its own or triggered by minor trauma. commonly seen in thrombocytopenia ( low platelet count) or in bleeding diathesis ( faulty haemostasis mechanisms ).

Here is need for complete blood count and clotting factors evaluation. Consult a Haematologist for the same.

Thanks for visiting

Answered: Wed, 5 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor