Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

My husband has BP, is this dangerous ?

my husband just had blood pressure reading at work 5 minutes apart first one is 146 over 106 second is 157 over 102, is this dangerous ?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  863
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
It is not alarming but calls to remain under observation. Try to controll it by restricting salt intake, avoid stress, keep bowel clear, do meditation, have light exercise regularly. Amongst herbal medicines we recommend arjun the most, you can have tab. Abana 2 bd. and go in for shirodhara.
Answered: Wed, 2 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.This is definitely high.For an otherwise individual normal reading is 140/90 mmhg.But you should not panic at first couple of readings.check it regularly at least 2-3 times in a week if he is not having any symptoms like headache,giddiness, chest pain etc.needs for frequent if he is having one.Family history and his job profile other important factors which influence his ask him him undergo routine tests as advised by your doctor and give low fat,law salt diet.once b.p. comes normal ask to him start regular exercise.But one or two isolated elevated readings do not warrent any panic reaction but be watchful and consult your doctor.
Answered: Wed, 2 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor