My husband got blood on the toilet paper

my husband has been to the toilet and has wiped his bottom and there is bright red blood on the toilet paper and in the toilet
Thu, 28 Apr 2011

Bright blood in or after stools could be due to a variety of conditions, the commonest being hemorrhoids(bleeding piles) or anal fissures. Check out if he complains of pain lasting some time after passing motions or hard stools (more likely to be anal fissures in that case). In case of hard stools, give him a diet rich in fibers like green leafy vegetables, fruits, oats and lots of water.
Also get him to consult your family doctor or a surgeon so that they can examine him and diagnose the cause and suggest appropriate remedy. Homeopathy is beneficial in both the conditions .
General & Family Physician Dr. Misbha khan's  Response
HI
I suggest that you get him to seek advise from a surgeon to rule out piles or hemorrhoids if he is also complaining of pain while passing stools.