Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

My husband got a big and soft pimple on his upper leg beside his tistical. Is it dangerous?

hi , my husband got a pimple on his upper leg beside his tistical and its big and soft , is it a proplem .
Asked On : Wed, 12 Jan 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  389
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It seems that he is having boil, mostly this is due to hair root infection. apply any antibiotic oint like Neosporin etc,take analgesics for pain, if does not decrease in size with this you need to take antibiotics orally after consulting your family physician.
Answered: Wed, 12 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
You must elaborate few things:
1.His age
2.Any health conditions like diabetes
3.Since when is the lesion there. Is this a redcurrant lesion
4.Is there pain on touch.
5.What color is it
6.Is there a local increase in skin warmth.
7. Has the skin around it become reddish

From the original information you gave it looks like a furuncle, also called a boil and is usually associated with infection around a hair root.

Fucidin ointment works best since the bacteria that cause this type of infection of staphylococci and streptococci and they respond best to Fucidin.
Answered: Wed, 12 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gautam Das's  Response
You maybe suffering from folliculitis. you can apply some antibiotic ointment (Bacitracen) and if it is red and painful you can start 500mg paracetamol 8 hourly and also oral antibiotic Ciprofloxacin 500mg 12 hourly.
Answered: Thu, 13 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  User's Response
the pimple you are talking about must be a furuncle or in layman's term a boil. So start applying antibiotic ointment, start a course of antibiotic right away. and if possible try to pull out the hair, which might help in draining out the pus.It is always advisable to consult a doctor, so that they can see if there is already an abscess formed
Answered: Thu, 13 Jan 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor