Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

My heart suddenly beat REAL HARD twice and went back to normal. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be?

My heart suddenly beat REAL HARD twice and went back to normal? When I was going to campus I was walking up stairs it was 6:30 AM. As I walked my heart suddenly beat hard two times about, then suddenly everything was fine. It was enough to make me stop and put my hand to my chest for a second. It felt like this for example: if you have your hand act as the heart pumping blood, but all of a sudden clenched your fist it felt like that happened to my heart. I v had these occurences before, but not as hard, just very minor. Two years ago I started getting irregular heartbeats and went to the doctor who specialized in cardiovascular problems. He put the little wires on me and the machine read my heart rate for 2-3 minutes and it was fine. He doens t know what it could be, but now this happened and I m planning to go back to the doctor sometime this week. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be? Once again just a hard heart beat and back to normal. Thanks for the help!
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  1648
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Heart palpitations are not uncommon and usually not harmful. It's usually just a random misfire of electrical activity causing an ineffective contraction of the heart. They happen in almost everyone from time to time. However, if they are happening on a regular basis, it is good you are going to follow up with a cardiologist. Regular palpitations could be a sign of an underlying problem. Another EKG might be called for, or even use of a Holiter monitor which will record your heart's activity over an extended period of time (a few days). It's a pocket sized device and most people won't even notice it. It's certainly up to the cardiologist as to what to do, but what I have described is a possibility.
Answered: Sun, 20 Dec 2009
  User's Response
i also have the same problem..can any one help...thanks
Answered: Wed, 22 Sep 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor