My heart skips a beat when i lay down. What could be the reason for this?

For years I ve had these weird heart beats where my heart skips a beat and then theres a hard THUMP in my chest right after. This happens a couple of times a day, especially when I m lying down. I did some research and heard of something called PACs and PVCs, though I m not entirely sure if I have this or not, I keep hearing from different people that they are deadly and that they aren t deadly and I m trying to figure out which it is. Years ago the doctor thought that she heard a murmur and they checked and said I was fine. I m not having panic attacks when I feel the heart palpitations either. I don t want to go to the doctor because I read that many people with my condition are just fine and that only elderly people with other heart diseases die from it, but I m still scared. It cant be Arrhythmia because my heart rate is normal and Ive had my heart checked before and it came out fine
Tue, 13 Sep 2011