My heart feels like its skipping a beat

my heart feels like its skipping a beat,,,i had one of those recorders on and it didnt do it then,? what can it be?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
It sounds like PAC's (premature atrial contractions) which are highly dependent on stress, caffiene, inadequate sleep, cold medication, etc. They are common as brown eyes, rarely if ever lead to anything more serious. PVCs (premature ventricular contractions) are usually described as a pause and then a heavy beat. You doctor ordered a monitor to be certain that something isn't happening frequently and to be assured it isn't serious. He had his answer. You went 24 hours without the problem. It must not be happening too frequently and therefore is very unlikely to be serious. Good luck.