Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

My heart beats over 200 in under 30 seconds.Am I having panic attacks or something else?

Lately for some reason my heart s been acting really funny.. My pulse speeds up RAPIDLY, and I mean really rapidly. I m talking over 200 in under 30 seconds. And it does this for no apparent reason at all, I could be in the most relaxed state. Anyway, it goes sometimes for a few minutes, skips a beat and then goes back to a normal pulse rate, unless I put a cold ice pack on my head and lay down and sort of shock it back to normal. What s going on with me? Thanks essentiallysolo I do plan on going to a cardiologist , problem is, I can t predict when a supposed attack is going to happen. I did read up on Paroxysmal Atrial Tacchycardia though, and I do seem to have the symptoms. Reality123, I am 19 years of age, 5 3 and 130lbs. I don t really work out regularly, and I am a I m sure that could contribute to the problem, I know it can t help. And no I have not had panic attacks before ever that I know of. This happened to me at work once, and I went to the ER and they gave me an Ativan pill to relax me and slow down my heart rate , but never diagnosed the problem.
Wed, 14 Sep 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.welcome.Yes you must visit the cardiologist for the proper investigations.It is not necessary to be in the attack for the visit to the doctor.Good luck.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor