Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

My heart beats fast and it feels like its shifting. Is this called heart palpitation ?

I am an 18 yrd female and I need to ask a question about weird heart beats. I am 5 5 and weigh around 240 so yes, Im overweight , but sometimes Ill just be sitting down and all of a sudden, my heart beats fast and it feels like its shifting and that it wants to come out of my chest! Sometimes it feels like its coming upoi my throat! Its not painful, just scary and odd feeling! I dont know what to do! My doctor doesnt check me very well at all she thinks its all in my head!! Is this called heart palpitation ? I am scared! can I die ?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
My best guess by the sounds is a form of arrythmia. I would go to another doctor and be persistant. If you goto a doctor, explain your symptoms and they don't believe you. Find a new doctor. Its your body and you know it better than anyone. Find a doctor who will respect that. Good luck.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor