Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

My grandfather is suffering from urine infection

Hi, My grandfather is 90 years old, he is suffering from urine infection he is using a pipe to pass urine from past 50 years, but suddenly he started passing blood doctors say he has blood clots in his bladder, after Ct scan they found out he has a boil kind of thing near his prostate and thats causing him blood clots..... but due to high intake of medicines has led him to stomach infection causing vomiting, dehydration , chest congestion,.... he's under treatment since 20 days ,.... he is very strong , his heart , pulse bp, everything was normal until now,..... we have changed 4 hospitals due to no proper guidance,... Now he has come to state where there is water in his lungs, his kidney is malfunctioned(has only one kidney) ans no urine has passed from 2 days..... he's been put on a ventilator and diagnosis is been done today but still no recovery..... tomorrow again their are going to do diagnosis so that urine passes,.... Kindly guide me on the right track how can i save him,... he has a strong heart , he is conscious he responds by knocking his head.... please tell me what can we do to make him pass urine. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 11 Apr 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  662
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. The history is in the favour of urinary tract infection with renal failure with pulmonary oedema.. This in simple terms means urine infection that has affected the kidney reducing its functions which has inturn caused fluid accumulation in the lungs.. The present treatment of ventilatory support, antibiotics (those that does not hamper with the kidney functions may have to be used),  medications to remove the fluids from the lungs  and dialysis to improve kidney functions are essential..

Occasionally the kidney functions may improve with the present mode of treatment and he can continue with the catheter. However there are possibilities that it may not improve and would need continuos dialysis..

This message is only for information purpose depending on the history that you have given and not entirely how this is going to be.. You can talk and discuss with the doctors treating him to provide the exact answers on your queries..

Answered: Fri, 16 Apr 2010
  User's Response

Thank you so much for your responce.

Answered: Mon, 19 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor