My good friends Ex girlfriend recently suffered a brain injury...

My good friends Ex girlfriend recently suffered a brain injury... or so she claims. The things she is saying about her injury don’t seem to add up and I honestly don’t think it’s true. She’s known for being a pathological liar, and I strongly believe she has motivation to lie. here’s what doesn’t make sense
- she says that she got in a car accident a few days ago. She apparently suffered slipped vertebrae, collapsed lung, whiplash and soft tissue damage, and lastly a brain injury. She says that she’s forgotten how to shower, eat by herself, turn a door knob, struggles to a put a sentence together. She also says that she doesn’t remember me, and 2 other people, that she didn’t like. However she remembers her ex boyfriend and his best friend, who she liked. She also says she doesn’t remember their breakup but remembers other good parts of their relationship. I’m not sure that memory loss can be selective, and that you can remember some people but forget others. Keep in mind that she knew all of us, me, her boyfriend ETC for about the same amount of time (6 months). Another thing that doesn’t make sense is that she is able to text and be on her phone. I’m pretty sure if you have suffered a severe traumatic brain injury, you won’t be able to use a cellphone. She also made plans to meet up with her ex boyfriend next week. I’m also not sure if you can leave the hospital and go out to get coffee not even week after getting in serious car crash.
Please let me know your thoughts on whether you believe she is lying or if the things she has said actually do make sense.
Wed, 24 Oct 2018