Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

My girl friend has intense pain in the stomach. Had jaundice

its my girl friend who has the problem . It is a deep pain in the middle of the stomach which is very very painful. She literaly begs to die because of the pain but it subsides in some time its been yesterday since it has started she is 17 and is female and she had jaudince 2yrs back. Plz help in getting some remedy plz as soon as possible.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  195
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General Surgeon 's  Response
If the pain is colicky in nature comes & goes with increase or decrease in intensity.Get routine tests done like Hemoglobin,TLC,DLC,Urine Complete examination along with whole abdomen Ultrasound to find the cause & get it treated,from some surgeon /gynecologist
Answered: Mon, 7 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
As you are giving history of jaundice also so first of all rule out biliary calculus or cholecystitis. If you press the right side of the abdomen and patient holds breath on moving fingers up with intense pain then the cause lies with gall bladder if it is associated with meals as pain on eating or pain when hungry then chances of ulceration are more, if she pin points with finger in lower right side then it is appendicitis rest calls for ultrasound scan.
Answered: Mon, 7 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care majic.The intensity of pain seems to be more.there are number of reasons for this,from minor problems like indigestion,intestinal colic,some infection,appendicitis and many more.If the she is passing stool normally and has no vomiting usually condition is not serious.Give only liquids to drink,give some antacids and antispasmodics tablet.But you need to see a doctor for more treatment and she may need some investigation like sonogram,blood reports and urine reports etc.Pl tale her to a doctor.
Answered: Mon, 7 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor