Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

My friend is suffering from bone TB

My friend is suffering from bone tb..upper back pain..i am taking it curable n one month...
Asked On : Tue, 9 Mar 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  821
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic forum
bone tuberculosis takes slightly longer time than lung tuberculosis .one month is very short period.Take regular full course of anti tubercular treatment for 6-9 months without any failure for speedy recovery.Don`t lift weight,as some times it leads to compression fractures.of vertebrae.As anti-tubercular drugs are hepatotoxic also ,so get liver function test from time to time.
Wish you good health
Answered: Sun, 24 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. A bone infections take more time in  healing when compared to infection in other organs.. And the standard treatment period for tuberculosis is atleast 6 months.. So I guess, it is not absolutely not possible for finding cure in a months time.. 

Answered: Fri, 12 Mar 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor