Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

My friend complains of chest pain. He is a smoker and suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis with one kidney. Can this be heart disease ?

Thank you. My boyfriend says he feels like someone is standing on his chest . Yes, he smokes. He is 57, and has Rheumatoid arthritis all over his body. He is 5 8 and weighs about 145 lbs. He has only one kidney . This is not the first time he has complained of this.
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
u should have ecg,echo to be done
also chest x ray
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
As he is getting compression type of pain in the chest and he is 57, his complain is to be evaluated.
He should go for ECG to rule out CAD (coronary artery disease)
He should monitor his blood pressure and diabetes if it is there.
He should stop smoking.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor