Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

My fathers blood suger was so low, Could I have helped him without calling the police ?

My father's blood suger was so low it was at 1 I called 911 did I do the right thing? I came home from school and i found him in his chair sweating really bad and he wouldn t talk or even look at me but he was still breathing so I called 911. He was alone at home when I got there cause my mom works full time. it scared me so much and all I could think was call 911 and get help. They said he would have died if i had not gotten their at the time i did. I was supposed to go to a friends house but I didn t cause i felt sick. Could I have helped him without calling the police ?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  Anonymous's Response

You did the right thing. Let him be cautious of the diet and drugs. Should not take the medicine if he is not taken proper food. Also let him keep a pack of glucose with him at all times so that he eat it once he feels low sugar level. Do recheck the blood sugar levels and if it happens often even with right food then the medications or dosage or both have to be changed.

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor