Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

My father is suffering from a disease similar to Vertigo

My Father Age 54 is suffering from a disease similar to Vertigo . He has dizziness and imbalance issues while walking. Once he is on bed and chair he dont face any problems especially on bed. While walking he can not move his head all of sudden. He has spinning sensation all the time. He can not do down on ladder without support. We went to Nerologist and as per his observation this was not vertigo but imbalance. We went for Vestibular rehabilitation for 5 days but it did not help. My father is facing the problem from last one year. He had a laser operation in his left eye 6 months before. He also has minor difficulty while speaking and writing. He used to take vertigo medicines before but has stopped from last 1 month. Could you please suggest any solution.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Feb 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  321
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
hello there.. homeopathic medicnes will b far more beneficial to ur father consult a homeopath.. his vetigo n imbalanc wil b cured easily .. god bless..
Answered: Tue, 22 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
please rule out Parkinsonism first.The reason for vertigo in Ayurveda is vat imbalance and you can have vrihat vat chintamani ras 1 bd. what about his hypertension.
Answered: Tue, 22 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thanks Doctors for your advise. My father do not have Parkinson problem. This seems almost like vertigo. Could some one suggest any nero in india to get this digonsed? Please help me with any medicines or exercise which can help my father. He is around 116 kgs wight and 6" 2 inch height. Could overwieght be the problem?

Please help?

Answered: Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
i would advice you to use cap. ashwagandha Vrihat vat chinta mani ras 1 each morning evening and tab. rason vati 2 tab chitrak vati 1 after meals. Try this for 15 days and report.
Answered: Wed, 23 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Thanks Doctor. Could you tell me if this is rason vati or rasain vati...? i am not getting rason vati in market.. please reply.
Answered: Sun, 27 Feb 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor