My father is having some problems with his vision, please suggest him

My father is having some problems with his vision. He currently is: - a smoker - a diabetic - has had heart attacks - late 50's His problems are: - When coming from a dark room into a lit room. His vision is very blurry. - When he looks up and down, he begins to have double vision. - When he looks side to side (peripheral vision) he sees doubles and cannot focus. - He can't see small writing very well. - His depth perception for is left and right eye are different. Ex. covering one eye and seeing an object is at a certain distance, but when he covers the other eye he sees the object to be farther than how he saw it with his other. - He has chronic head aches. If you could help identify this problem that my dad has, it would be great. My guess is that he has multiple sclerosis.
Wed, 2 Sep 2009