Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

My father is Diabetic and having low Plate late count. what could i do?

My father is Diabetic and having low Platelate count. he had undergone Cataract eye surgery on 15th April 2010. The affected lense was to be replaced with Folded Intraoccular lense through Fecko Surgery which is supposed to be without any bleeding in the process. But the doctor concerned was not able to put the same instead a normal indian lense was placed with a bigger cut and some bleeding inside. After four days he reported of infection in the eye and formation of pus inside. Again he operated on the same with lot of bleeding inside. The eye now remains red and doctor says to consult gen physican as bleeding is still there.The gen Phy says to consult Hematologist . Will u help us with a good hematologist around Borivli Mumbai.
Asked On : Sun, 9 May 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  364
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
It is quite possible that your eye doctor has changed his decision to give large incision and put indian iol because cataract may be too hard to do small incision phaco.
Right now consult any good physician and ask him if any need of any hematologist,as his platelet counts are less there is chances of rebleeding. consult any good ophthalmologist and then this point you have to take care of eye vision and pressure so its better to go to any good ophthalmologist he will suggest name of good hematologist if needed.
Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query

KEM Hospital Parel has Dr Farah as hematologist
If u r having problems with finding a hematologist then u can consult an oncologist as they will also be studying extensively in hematology during their course

Have a healthy living
Answered: Tue, 13 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor