Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

My father has never acted like a mature man as per his age. Is it any mental disease?

hello sir, This is in reagrds to my Father who is in 50+ now. he has never acted like a mature man as per his age. He never feels like to do anything.Only he wants to eat alot n abuse if his expectations are not fulfilled in tearms of money or food.Earlier his treatment was started at AIIMS but my grandmother interrupted that saying he is not mad. Pls suggest if this is mental illness..can it be cured, if yes how.. i wud b very thankful to u..
Asked On : Mon, 26 Jul 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  174
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
His symptoms are suggestiv of ?schizo phrenia. Sinces he has habit of abusing and not having self control and socially with drawn. It seems he having since long so he
is in chronic stage. Yes you can definately get help from psychiatrist but difficult
to cure him because of chronicity of disease. He has to be under regular check up
and regular psychotherapy if recomended by psychiatrist. Drug are to be taken regularly. Thanks
Answered: Mon, 5 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor