Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

My father has been suffering blood sugar. What we can do to reduce at least to 200 ?

Hi doctor , My father aged 60 has been suffering blood sugar since 2002. Now from blood checking it is 350. But last week discharged from hospital without downig this level even after injecting insulin. Now taking tablets but for tthree week it is not coming down. what we can do to reduce at least to 200 level.pls reply
Asked On : Wed, 14 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  936
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
mr asharaf
your fathers blood is very high
inspite of treatment
you must consult diabetologist at the earliest
Answered: Tue, 15 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

I have been diagnosed as diabetic for 8 years. I used tablets for the first year to regulate my blood sugars. These failed to control my blood glucose after a while, and I was prescribed insulin.
Using insulin has worked well (as long I remember to take it and have my meals ontime) but I desire to be free of the restrictions. I started drinking OG Gourmet Black Coffee in August 2009 and found that at the end of September 2009, I no longer needed my second insulin injection each evening. My blood sugars are controlled by one injection now.
I continue using insulin and drinking this ganoderma coffee. I expect a complete healing of my pancreas by the end of 2010 based on my measured blood glucose levels so far.
I am so excited about the prospect of being free of the needle!! If you desire to try this blend with your father, check out You may paste it into the address bar of your browser. Have a healthy day!!



Answered: Sun, 18 Apr 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Rajath. Pejaver's  Response
Hi ,
Thanks for your query.
He will need to use tablets(oral hypoglycemic agents) and insulin. The doses will have to be titrated according to the blood sugar level. For this you will have to check blood sugar regularly and report the same to a physician who will the change the dosage accordingly.
Also visit a dietician who will recommend a fixed diet . Walking twicw a day foe 20 mins will also help reduce the sugar levels.
Hope this helps. Thank you!
Answered: Sun, 13 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor