Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

My father has become alcoholic, please help him

My father has become alchoholic. he does'nt have any control in himself. please suggest something for his recovery. he even does'nt want to go to doctor also. wat to do. our family is in great trouble..
Asked On : Mon, 2 Aug 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  188
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  Anonymous's Response
Alcoholism is a disease, in which people do not have any control over the alcohol, and they do not think that they have any problem. Usually they do not go for treatment on his own. The best way of treatment is to admit him in a drug de-addiction center for one to three months. even if he do not want the same. there he will receive medical and psychological help.

Atul Verma
Clinical Psychologist
Answered: Mon, 2 Aug 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor