Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

My father has a problem in brain, please suggest

hi doctor,my father is 74 is in critical situation, he has problem in brain, the doctor of life wood of kolkata said the blood is slowing flooding into his mind, three years back he was fell down and became almost paralised, since then he started walking slowly by the help of stick and the voice became unclear, now almost two month he fell down again and stucked his head against the door, he is a blood preser patient too, now he lost his sence, some time he speaks once or twice times in a day, he reconizes people too, he stops eating since two weeks, but we are feeding him liquid foods through a pipe. can you please please tell me where can be good treatment for him in india and which hospital or nursing home? thank you, my email is

Asked On : Sat, 30 Jan 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  309
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  Anonymous's Response

Hi.. The doctor is probably referrring to one of dementia.. It may occur due to multiple causes which includes multi-infarct status.. You can visit NIMHANS which is the best for neuroscience evaluation and treatment.. The other neurological institutes in India are AIIMS or one of the VIMHANS institutes... All the best...

Answered: Sat, 30 Jan 2010
  Anonymous's Response

in india any reference regarding is made that it is the NIMHANS hospital bengaluru. it is the top hospital for the neurology, neurosurgery and psychatry, get your dad to nimhans hospital benguluru and get the testing done. it is  avery busy hospital that you need to keep in mind.

Answered: Sat, 30 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor