Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

My father has Cardiomyopathy,how serious is it??

My father has Cardiomyopathy,how serious is it?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
I have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I don't know if that is the same kind that your father has, but it is characterized by a thickening between the two chambers of the heart. There is no cure but there is medicine to help keep it under control. Sometimes if the muscle gets too thick heart surgery is necessary, but don't freak out yet! Ask your father how bad it is. Sometimes you can live a completely normal life with it. However, strenuous activity is not really a good idea with HC. Strenuous activity can make the heart race and cause a electrical problem within the heart which can cause fainting or perhaps more.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor