Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

My father got two epilepsy attack, suggest me neuro surgeon

my father is 53 year old and 2 year before he has epilepsy attack in night , after 11 month he has one more attack we discuss a doctor he told us it is miner epilepsy attack and if it attack will came 1 or 2 time then we can t use medicine because it s medicine has some side effect so we don t start any medicine and we don t discuss any specialty doctor like a neuro physician but now after 2nd attack s 8 months he has one more attack and now i am very upset so please help me whwt i do ?
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  172
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for choosing health care magic. You have not provided the detailed information about your father seizures. Usually neurophysicians recommend observation for the first episode of seizures. But if there is any recurrence then patient may need investigations and treatment. Usually such patients will be investigated with CT scan head, EEG( electro enceohalo gram). If the seizures are because of some structural lesion in the brain it needs specific treatment related to that. Simply ignoring the seizures is not a good thing as it may lead to complications ( accidents,Hypoxix ischemic encephalopathy in continuous seizures because of lack of oxygen supply to brain) . So I advise you to visit a neurophysician and get the complete work up done.
Answered: Sat, 9 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Neurologist Dr. Shiva Kumar R's  Response
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.Your father has Late onset seizures nd it require treatment with medications. All medicines have one or the other side effects but that doesn't mean it has to occur in all. One has to see what is the cause of the seizures and can then can say the prognosis. He has to be evaluated in detail by Neurologist and start him on suitable medicines for him. Bye
Answered: Sat, 16 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor