My father got MRI Brain result.All are OK but he had Lung Cancer

Hello, My dad has gotten his MRI Brain results back .. all is normal, save for a “worsening chronic microvasular disease”. “Mild to Modertate Hight T2 signal lesions of chronic ischemia” All else is normal. He had a lung cancer diagnosis 5 years ago, received chemo and radiation. All seems ‘ok’ there, save for the hacking cough. I am concerned about these recent MRI findings .. he complains of dizziness more than ever these days, has pronounced mood swings, is tired, not too hungry. Has trouble hearing, but his results are that his hearing is fine. He’ll see his doc in a few days, but I wanted to possibly provide him with a sense of how to engage the doc – my dad is a great repressor, does not speak English well, and will certainly not report what may well be cognitive issues. How might I read the MRI results? Thanks for any help you might give, Frank
Thu, 19 May 2011