Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

My face /cheek bone appears to still be bruised under the skin

I fell about three weeks ago and hit my face /cheek bone . I have seen a doctor and got an x-ray. It was negative for any fractures . It was very swollen and bruised. The swelling has gone . I am now left with a large indentation on my cheek. It looks very odd compared to the other side when I smile. There is still quite a bit of tissue damage. How can i speed up the process and will i have permanent damge? When i smile it leaves a large dark lengthy dimple! It appears to still be bruised under the skin when i smile. Can you help ? ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  1258
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi. Welcome To HealthcareMagic

Usually the scar tissue as result of healing is permanent. COnsult plastic surgeon later once the healing is completed. The excess fibrous tissue can be removed.

Regards, Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Mon, 27 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor