Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

My ear aches very badly

My ear aches very badly, I cant hear words exactly the way it is being delivered. i have to let it be repeated for me to understand. there s no fluid coming out but it aches. what will I gonna do I am 12 years old. hope you could help me. thank you
Asked On : Sat, 3 Apr 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  561
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response

Hi, the main causes for ear pain in children are injury, infections of the ear, common cold, foreign body in the ear and due to impacted wax in the ear.

Whatever it may be, you  must visit a ENT doctor, as there are chances for you to have complications like permanent loss of hearing, brain fluid infection etc.

Answered: Fri, 9 Apr 2010
General & Family Physician Dr. Radhika Thyagaraju's  Response
most common cause of ear ache is due to some upper respiratort tract infection like adenoids etc. Also impacted wax can also cause difficulty in hearing. I would advise you to consult a ent surgeon and get a thorough ent examination done to identify the diagnosis. Also get a oral examination to ruke out caries or decay of teeth which can mimic ear pain. I hope i have answered your query. Take care
Answered: Wed, 23 Nov 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

doctor i am not hear a soun easily like other my ear will be totally damged what can i do pls tell me

Answered: Thu, 15 Apr 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor