Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

My daughter has a hole in her ear drum. She has been on several different anti-biotics.

5 year old with a hole in the ear drum My daughter is 5 and has a hole in her ear drum after a 6 week ear infection that would not go away. It has been almost 4 more weeks since being diagnosed with the hole in her ear drum and even though I am keeping her ear dry it is still pussing. The Dr. gave me drops to use whenever I saw fluid, but the fluid hasn t stopped! Dr. says she will not be able to have surgery to heal the rupture until she is older so what do I do about the puss??? She has been on several different anti-biotics already and has had her ear flushed 3 times. Should I be worried? She complains of pain and is having trouble hearing out of it.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  428
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Ear discharge is one of the common childhood problems. It usually heals off with appropriate medications. Have you got the ear swab culture done? To find out the organism causing the discharge. Is the child having snoring/ recurrent cold/ breathing difficulty along with this. If it is then we should suspect Chronic adenoiditis which is causing the Eustachian tube block and ear discharge. Its better you get a second opinion done from one of the apt ENT specialist. Any more doubts you are welcome.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Wed, 19 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor