Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

My daughter has Keloid on the ear, what is the treatment ?

My daughter is4.5 yrs old. She keloid on her ear lobe back side. One side is just size of small round may be pimple sized, How do i remove it
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  329
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi Paddy,

Never attempt to get a keloid removed, the more you meddle with it, the more aggressive it becomes and recurs with a vengeance. Intralesional steroids have been tried and few have claimed success also. Please consult your ENT specialist.

Dr. Naveen Kumar
Answered: Wed, 9 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
Please leave the keloid alone .If you try to excise it will come back bigger.Some times intra lesional injection of steroid do help to a certain extent.Second option is if you believe in & it is available you can try a homoeopathic medicines for keloid as they are safe & atleast won't do any harm.
Answered: Wed, 9 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
The best treatment for a keloid is intralesional injection of steroid...she might require multiple sessions of the same....don't go for any surgery for keloid as it can aggravate your problem...Usually keloid over such area is because of ear piercing ,so avoid piercing ..
take care,
Answered: Wed, 9 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor