Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

My daughter has Cerebellar Atrophy, please suggest treatment

HI. my 3 year old daughter has cerebellar atrophy along with low muscle tone. she is bright but has delayed physical milestones. she is walking with support now. is there anthing i can do to help her attain physical independence soon? any special diet? anything else?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  301
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
In cerebellar atrophy there is no special diet to enhance her mental abilities. Regular practice and physiotherapy only can help her. Regular massage of the affected muscles can help regaining some muscle tone.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Wed, 29 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. Keerthish Shetty's  Response
There are no special diet or medicines to help regenerate damaged brain tissue. However, it is important for you be hopeful that with increasing age, your child might improve significantly with proper training and physiotherapy. Beware of people who claim to have magical treatments.
Answered: Wed, 29 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor