My daughter fell from a 50 cm high bed on

My daughter fell from a 50 cm high bed on a carpet floor. 3 days later, her mother and I noticed that her right leg was not as active as the left one. Although she wasn't complaining from pain, but it was very clear that she tried to avoid moving her right leg. She is 6.5 months old.

We took her to the hospital and the doctor's first impression was that she is fine, but just in case she will do her an X-Ray. The X-Ray showed she has got a greenstick fracture in the Fumer bone, right above the knee. The orthopaedic specialist in the hospital advised that a cast around both of her legs and her stomach to ensure maximum demobilisation, and a general Anesthesia must be done to her in order to do the cast.

Kindly advise me - according to the x-ray- is it a must to put a full cast or a splint could be an option, and is there a way to avoid the general Anesthesia as she is only 6.5 months old or it is also a must to do a general Anesthesia before doing the cast?
Another important point is that she suffers from eczema and whenever gets hot flare ups appear on her skin and sometimes skin patches, Thank you
Wed, 24 Oct 2018