My dads side of the family have a record of having heart disease. What is the chances of me to get that?

Impossible question to ask ,I know! The thing is, my mums side of the family are all healthy and strong and my gran (83yrs) and a few of her siblings (all older than herself) are still going strong! My dads side of the family, well!!!!!!! What can I say? Dad died of a blood clot when he was 34yrs old, his mum died at 35yrs of a heart attack , his sister died age 29yrs of pnuemonia because her heart was too weak for her to fight it. Her daughter, had a blood clot on her lung (31yrs) she survived. My brother has had 2 heart attacks and he s only 40yrs. The thing is, Im terrified Im next, Im 42yrs, slim build and have had no health problems at all. Im a smoker. Though my gran and aunt that died never smoked in their lives. Is it possible apart from cholestorol tests, to find out if I carry the dodgy family gene or not? My cholestorol is normal by the way as I ve been tested before. If there are any nurses or health professionals reading this, I d appreciate any advice!!! Im female.
Thu, 17 Dec 2009