Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

My dad gets a very irregular heartbeat and he is overweight.

Recently over the past year, my dad gets a very irregular heartbeat. It leaves him breathless and he can t do anything. I am worried about his heart, he has some medication and it usually settles within a day or two when it happens. He is overweight , but I think he is losing a bit steadily. Do you think this could be a bad problem for his health ? I m young enough, only 17, and couldn t bear losing my dad.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  286
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
I have a history with heart problems when my mom suffered with it...your dad is on right track...stay on him to lose weight...being over weight can build fat around the arteries...which can lead to a heart attack...make sure he takes his medicine correctly...get his heart checked by a cardiologist on a regular basis...if possible...have him go through a stress test, ekg, echo, and maybe a heart cauterization...all this may help to see if any internal damage is done to the heart.. will answer questions you may have...on last thing...make sure he is eating healthy foods...hope this helps...I hope he gets better soon
Answered: Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor