Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

My cholesterol test result

Doctor. I have checked my cholestrol and the result saying triglyceride is 340. blood sugar 85 and bp 88-120. doctor told to reduce fat and take 30min walk everyday. no need to medicine. please tell me about this. do i have to take any medicine for this or follow what my doctor said am tensed. please answer me
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  236
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi... Welcome to healthcaremagic forum...
Yes, your triglycerides are higher than what it needs to be (normal cut of range is 150mg/dl). Based on American Heart Association, you are under risk to develop complications.
Triglycerides and cholesterol levels can be rectified by simple changes in diet and lifestyle. And I concur with your doctor that modifying your diet - consuming low calorie and low fat diet; weight reducing physical exercises; avoiding unnecessary.
Medical drugs such as fibrates can be tried as adjuvant's to these changes. Since these drugs are to be used often for long term; some times lifelong and can induce side effects, these drugs need to started and monitored under guidance of your doctor.
Answered: Wed, 2 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor