Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

167 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

My cholesterol is really high, can I get help from Online doctor regarding this

My cholesterol is really high, and I m surprised that when I went to the doctors regularly when I had insurance, that the doctor never mentioned it. I now know that it is unbelieveably high and that scares me. I had problems back in 03 and even went to the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack. the didn t even check me at the hospital and sent me home with a wrong diagnosis. Having learned about my chlosterol last summer, I am trying to figure out what to do since I don t have any insurace. I know mine is hereditary, but any suggestions on what to do to help bring it down, until I can get insurance. thank you in advance for any help. I just hope there will be nothing majorly wrong when I do get back to the doctors. What is the best number for DHA. I have one with 288 mg. is that one any good ?
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
See if you can get generic prescriptions for cholesterol drugs. Stop eating eggs, meat and cheese and see if that helps. Eat a lot of high fiber grains and fruits and veggies, see if the diet modification helps you out. It could also be a family trait, if that is true there isn't much you can do except try a low fat diet and meds.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....